About AVP Cares
AVP Cares serves as the AVP’s main charitable beneficiary. Introduced in the 2013 season, AVP Cares is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that works with various groups that produce positive change for the community and the environment.
In its inaugural season, 100% of proceeds donated to AVP Cares went to benefit the John Wayne Cancer Foundation. AVP Cares raised money using various fundraising initiatives such as silent auctions, autograph sessions, and raffles on-site during tournament weekends.
The Skin Cancer Foundation
- Sun protection is essential to skin cancer prevention – about 90 percent of non-melanoma skin cancers and 65 percent of melanomas are associated with exposure to UV radiation from the sun.
- Half of all adults report at least one sunburn in the past 12 months, significantly increasing their risk of developing skin cancer.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer over the course of a lifetime.
- A person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had more than five sunburns.
- Regular daily use of an SPF 15 or higher sunscreen reduces the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma by 40 percent and the risk of developing melanoma by 50 percent.
For a full list of sun protection guidelines, please visit www.skincancer.org/prevention
For questions or inquiries regarding AVP Cares, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org