This event will be played alongside the AVP Hermosa Beach Open. All nine finals will be on Stadium court and will include a full introduction and production from the AVP staff, as well as being streamed on *Amazon Prime (*Thursday finals matches not yet confirmed for streaming on Amazon Prime).
Zonal Qualification Information
– A team will be formed by two individuals. Their points, in accordance with the below requirements will be added together about then ranked in the age group and zone of entry.
– Points do not need to be earned together.
– Only AVPFirst points earned from an age division can be used to qualify in that age division.
– The number of finishes counted in zonal rankings will be as follows:
– If a zone has 1-10 events: four finishes will be counted, two of which must be from the home zone.
– If a zone has 11-20 events: five finishes will be counted, three of which must be from the home zone.
– If a zone has 20+ events: six finishes will be counted, three of which must be from the home zone.
– The number of events will be determined by the number of events planned in a given zone on March 1st, 2018.
– Tier Two events have no zone. If out of an athlete’s zone, they will act as an out of zone event. If they are in the athletes home zone they will count as a home zone event.
– At the end of zonal qualification, two individuals will be required to nominate as a team. They can do so in any zone or age group provided they meet the above criteria for minimum events played within that zone. The teams who nominate will then be ranked within that zone and bids will be awarded to the highest ranked teams based on how many positions are available.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR POINTS ON THE AVPFIRST SITE REGULARLY AND AFTER YOUR FINAL EVENT TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE CORRECT.
After entries close we will email all teams with their status. Teams who are awarded a bid will be required to enter within one week of this notification.